~sErEnity of thE night sky...~
//* Thursday, June 11, 2009

POP lo! I'm not a recruit anymore, but I'm Private Samson Ee!!!

Finally, I'm out of that bloody island since yesterday! The memories, however, will be etched in my mind forever. 9 weeks of togetherness, brotherhood, laughter, unity. One for all, all for one! I'll try to get as many photos and post it up asap. Before the parade, the 24-km route march was seriously tedious and mentally challenging. My 1st 8 km was perfect. My 2nd 8 km was a little painful as my feet had blisters already. My last 8 km was the toughest as I had abrasion at the groin and thigh areas on top of my blisters in my feet. Without the support of my bed buddy and my bunkmates, I wouldn't have persevered on and would just give up after 16 km. I thank them for that from the bottom of my heart.

Let me recall a few good memories.

Story 1:

2 days before POP, the whole bunch of us went into the platoon office. There, we chatted with the sergeants and officers heartily. My section commander told us many ghost stories. I wasn't scared at all but some of my friends exaggerated their fear. When we went back to our bunk later that night, my bed buddy and some of my bunkmates were still scared. Haha their balls confirm shrink! We slacked in our bunk until lights out and nothing happened. I then went to lock the bunk door before we slept.

A while after we slept, I heard a loud sound from the door, as if someone is desperately trying to open it. All of my bunkmates kept silent in fear and then I remembered I locked the door. When I saw a figure outside at the window, I remembered again that 1 of my bunk mates was chatting with the people in the room beside mine. I then laughed as I went to open the door for him. Everyone else laughed it off and said they were damn scared.

Story 2:

This one was way back in the early days. We were downstairs interacting with our commanders. Then, 1 of my bunk mates was being asked a question. I think he didn't hear it properly and he said, "Huh??"

The officer who asked him then replied, "Har har lampa lah! Carry on infinite counts of jumping jacks, saying har har lampa as the timing (like 1,2,3,4 2,2,3,4...)"

It really looked funny when my friend did it.

Story 3:

During field camp, when we had to dig a shellscrape (human-sized "grave" but specially dug to let you shoot while lying down with your stomach facing the ground), it was tough by the way. I took 10 hours in total to finish digging. One of the nights when we slept in it, 1 of the commanders, nothing better to do, came to our area and try stunning rifles. 1 of my bunk mates, when we sensed that the commander was pulling his rifle away, he pulled it back and said "Hah, no way man!"

As a result, we got to knew of it the next day, laughed it off and he got 20 push-ups as a punishment for talking that way.

To my male students, I tell you, BMT (basic military training) is the most enjoyable moment. Obey orders and you'll definitely do fine. This is where you meet your good buddies, your brothers!

I'll know of my posting on 19th June. So I'll be training myself up during my 12-day leave until 22 June when I report to my new camp.


skippEr is still daydrEaming about hEr at...
|| 2:30:00 PM

____________


//*about.me___

name: Corporal (CPL) skippEr...
age: ??
birthday: 16 may ????
status: single... *sians... but it's ok de...*
horoscope: taurus...
This is my blog. Please respect it & if you don't like it or whatever I post, just click on that red button on the top-right hand corner of the window. Thanks in advance.


//*wishlist___

1. A laptop of my own... (notebook or tablet pc i don't know)
2. A better Nokia hp that don't anyhow go crazy... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
3. Getting my desired course: Mathematical Sciences in NTU... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
4. The girl of my dreams...
5. Get posted to either the most slack vocation in SISPEC or at least get posted to any camp near my area... "WISH DENIED... =("
6. Be financially independent...!
7. Get IPPT Silver before I ORD(means 2 years finish)...! (or maybe try out Gold...? Tough but can try...)
8. Get on board a plane myself...!


//*tags___

My tagboard...! Viewers, do leave a tag behind yea...? No spamming is allowed here please...!



//*links___

Xue Li | Leonda | Zulhafiz | Song Ning | Angela | Vivian Cheah | Lynn Kew | Shu Lin | Atika | YiLin | Shirleen | Kaijing | Wen Ying | Jia Yu | Jia Qi | Nysah | Siok Hoon | YeeXin | Noel | TWSS 1C'09 | TWSS 1A'09 | Yu Liang | Jin Yu | An Juan | Shu Min | Joranna | Beverly | Wei Hao | Yizhen | Amanda |


//*credits___

blogskins quiddity.skins blogspot