//*
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
After 17 long days in Tekong, I'm FINALLY back...!
I'll be having a 3-day break until Saturday, when I have to report by 5.20 pm. Shit. I'm going to enjoy these precious moments.
Haha I try recalling significant moments while inside my chalet.
It was such a pain to lose my hair on that evening I got enlisted. I got to know many friends in my section, my platoon and my company. It's
Falcon Company by the way. I also have another platoon mate named Samson. I didn't expect this at all because my name isn't very common.
Everything in my life changed instantly. I have to wake up as early as 5.15 am and sleep as early as 10 pm EVERYDAY. The physical training wasn't easy but my commanders were nice. If you don't give problems, they will give you a good time.
There was once they asked us to sleep at 8 pm. I knew something was amiss when I was given a rude shock at 3+ am. Do what? Walk 3+ km in my uniform and then stand 2 hours before I was presented with my rifle. I learnt many things to do with my rifle, like how to load & unload it and taking whichever action possible when something goes wrong with my rifle.
I learnt a bit of close-range combat skills, in other words, punching and kicking. Neat stuff. I learnt about the Standard Obstacle Course (SOC); the Low Rope obstacle is really my only obstacle I have never cleared before.
There was also the Route March. It's basically walking over long distances. Sounds easy? Not when you have to wear your uniform with helmet, the Load Bearing Vest containing all the standard items which I shall not list, my field pack with another set of items which I shan't mention as well and my rifle. It adds almost 10 kg on you. So far I have route marched 6 km in that attire, in which what we call as Full Battle Order. On Sunday, the next morning after my 1st book-in, I'll be doing 8 km. We have to sing as we march or we won't have motivation to carry on.
Who can forget the IPPT? I did 2 trial runs of it already. Both failed because of my pull-ups and SBJ. There's a slight improvement from the previous run thou. My 1st 2.4 km timing in Tekong was a shitty 13:58. It reduced to 12:05 on my 2nd try. Still far from my best of 10:30.
The food there is alright, but I enjoy meals where ice-creams were given as desserts. I enjoy every moment I spend with my platoon and section alike. Great bunch of guys!
Shan't say so much here but if I have interesting stories to tell, I'll post it when I'm free or less tired.
skippEr is still daydrEaming about hEr at...
|| 9:35:00 PM
____________
//*a
bou
t.me___
name: Corporal (CPL) skippEr...
age: ??
birthday: 16 may ????
status: single... *sians... but it's ok de...*
horoscope: taurus...
This is my blog. Please respect it & if you don't like it or whatever I post, just click on that red button on the top-right hand corner of the window. Thanks in advance.
//*
wishlis
t___
1. A laptop of my own... (notebook or tablet pc i don't know)
2. A better Nokia hp that don't anyhow go crazy... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
3. Getting my desired course: Mathematical Sciences in NTU... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
4. The girl of my dreams...
5. Get posted to either the most slack vocation in SISPEC or at least get posted to any camp near my area... "WISH DENIED... =("
6. Be financially independent...!
7. Get IPPT Silver before I ORD(means 2 years finish)...! (or maybe try out Gold...? Tough but can try...)
8. Get on board a plane myself...!
//*
tags___
My tagboard...! Viewers, do leave a tag behind yea...? No spamming is allowed here please...!
//*
links___
Xue Li |
Leonda |
Zulhafiz |
Song Ning |
Angela |
Vivian Cheah |
Lynn Kew |
Shu Lin |
Atika |
YiLin |
Shirleen |
Kaijing |
Wen Ying |
Jia Yu |
Jia Qi |
Nysah |
Siok Hoon |
YeeXin |
Noel |
TWSS 1C'09 |
TWSS 1A'09 |
Yu Liang |
Jin Yu |
An Juan |
Shu Min |
Joranna |
Beverly |
Wei Hao |
Yizhen |
Amanda |
//*
credit
s___
blogskins
quiddity.skins
blogspot