//*
Saturday, March 14, 2009
It was the NTU open house today. I woke up at 6.30 am this morning. Why did I wake up at this crazy time on a Saturday morning, I really don't know.
I used the computer for a while, played DJ Max for a while also. After getting myself ready, I left the house at 9 am. Played DJ Max again while on the MRT and when I reached Boon Lay, the bus interchange was full of A level graduates when I reached there at 9.30 am. The long queue for the free shuttle bus service to NTU stretched all the way to the MRT entrance! I only got on the bus at around 10.15 am & I reached NTU 15 mins later.
I got a goodie bag containing an organiser, some vouchers, a bottle of mineral water & a packet of instant noodles -.-... Better than nothing though! However, by the time I reached the exhibition booths I filled up my bag with LOTS of fliers & brochures!
There were things at the booths that I didn't see before, but they didn't fascinate me either, but it was not the case for 1 of the booths.
The Chemical & Biological Sciences booth had an experiment, showing how the colour changes periodically, just like an oscillating clock (the name of this reaction IS called Oscillation Clock). The reagents needed are very simple I think: starch solution, hydrogen peroxide (an oxidising agent)/or any other similar reagent and a solution of iodide ions (I-). Upon mixing them together, the colour changes from colourless to brown to blue & back to colourless, repeating this cycle for roughly 3-5 minutes! No other condition is needed for this experiment, so it was a great eye-opener for me.
I also went for the tour to the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, from 12 noon till 1.30 pm =.=! The tour guides took 45 mins longer than the allocated time! The building was new; it was only 1 year old. The chemistry labs were larger than I had imagined, the facilities there rock my socks man! I've more or less decided to opt for this school, doing double Majors in Maths & Chemistry if possible.
I was famished, so I went to eat lunch with my friend and chatted for a while, before exploring more places. We then left the place at 3.30 pm.
I'm going for the NUS open house tomorrow morning. I want to see what they have to offer to make me change my mind. If nothing there convinces me, I'll leave that place immediately and I'll make my choice already.
skippEr is still daydrEaming about hEr at...
|| 10:37:00 PM
____________
//*a
bou
t.me___
name: Corporal (CPL) skippEr...
age: ??
birthday: 16 may ????
status: single... *sians... but it's ok de...*
horoscope: taurus...
This is my blog. Please respect it & if you don't like it or whatever I post, just click on that red button on the top-right hand corner of the window. Thanks in advance.
//*
wishlis
t___
1. A laptop of my own... (notebook or tablet pc i don't know)
2. A better Nokia hp that don't anyhow go crazy... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
3. Getting my desired course: Mathematical Sciences in NTU... "WISH GRANTED!!!"
4. The girl of my dreams...
5. Get posted to either the most slack vocation in SISPEC or at least get posted to any camp near my area... "WISH DENIED... =("
6. Be financially independent...!
7. Get IPPT Silver before I ORD(means 2 years finish)...! (or maybe try out Gold...? Tough but can try...)
8. Get on board a plane myself...!
//*
tags___
My tagboard...! Viewers, do leave a tag behind yea...? No spamming is allowed here please...!
//*
links___
Xue Li |
Leonda |
Zulhafiz |
Song Ning |
Angela |
Vivian Cheah |
Lynn Kew |
Shu Lin |
Atika |
YiLin |
Shirleen |
Kaijing |
Wen Ying |
Jia Yu |
Jia Qi |
Nysah |
Siok Hoon |
YeeXin |
Noel |
TWSS 1C'09 |
TWSS 1A'09 |
Yu Liang |
Jin Yu |
An Juan |
Shu Min |
Joranna |
Beverly |
Wei Hao |
Yizhen |
Amanda |
//*
credit
s___
blogskins
quiddity.skins
blogspot